Easy-Peasy One Tray Tandoori Chicken Bake
EASY-PEASY ONE TRAY TANDOORI CHICKEN BAKE BACOFOIL AND DEAN EDWARDS TEAM UP
There’s nothing quite like the occasional Indian takeaway as a rich and spicy weekend treat. But what if we said that, not only can you create this delicious favourite at home, but you’ll only need one tray to do it! All the flavour with less of the washing up – what could be better?
Bacofoil has teamed up with TV chef Dean Edwards to create this classic Indian-inspired dish that’s easy enough for even the most hardened takeaway-er to try for themselves at home.
- 8 chicken thighs & drumsticks
- 1 tbs garam masala
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 5 cloves of garlic, crushed
- Small piece of fresh ginger, grated
- 300lml natural yoghurt
- Juice and zest ½ lemon
- 800g new potatos
- 1tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ cucumber, peeled and deseeded
- 3tbs chopped fresh mint
- ½ tsp sugar
- Mix the spices in a large bowl along then combine with the natural yoghurt, ginger, lemon juice, zest and garlic.
- Place the chicken portions, which have been slashed a few times to allow the marinade to penetrate, Massage well then cover with Bacofoil clingfilm and refrigerate for at least two hours but overnight if you can for best results.
- Slice the new potatoes at ½ centimeter intervals cutting 2/3 of the way down, mix the oil, garlic and cumin in a bowl along with a pinch of salt and pepper then rub this oil into the potatoes making sure you get a good coating.
- Place the chicken portions and potatoes onto a Bacofoil Non-Stick foil lined baking tray then cook in a pre heated oven set at 190c / gas mark 5 for 50-60 minutes or until cooked through. Half way through the cooking time run a fork along the top of the potatoes to fan them out a little.
- Mix the cucumber, mint, yoghurt and sugar in a bowl, cover with a sheet of Bacofoil clingfilm then leave to stand for 10 minutes to allow the flavours to develop. Serve the chicken and potatoes along with the raita and a garnish of fresh coriander.
Enjoy! Serves four.